If the dishes of the North are light and those of the Center are rich, then Saigon cuisine offers a harmonious combination of sweet, fatty, fresh and refreshing flavors. The city named after Uncle Ho is also in the TOP 5 cities with the best street food in the world.
Saigon Broken Rice
Cracked rice is made with cracked grains, fried eggs, egg rolls, and sausages. Broken rice is usually used for breakfast, but sometimes people also enjoy it at midday or in the evening.
Eating standard broken rice requires a special fish sauce. This type of fish sauce is prepared in a unique way, using mainly fish sauce, filtered water, and added sugar. The sweetness of the fish sauce depends on each person’s taste. Sometimes people also add garlic and chili to fish sauce to increase the flavor.
Some places to eat delicious broken rice in Saigon:
- Ba Cuong Ribs Rice: 263 Tran Quang Khai, Tan Dinh District, District 1
- Minh Long Broken Rice: 607 Nguyen Thi Thap, District 7
- Huyen Broken Rice: 95 Dinh Tien Hoang Alley, District 3, Binh Thanh District
- Broken Rice 419: 419 An Duong Vuong Alley, District 5
- Broken Rice 135: 135 Doan Van Bo, District 4
- Ba Ha Broken Rice: 389 Hung Phu, District 8
Knock-on noodles have become a unique cultural feature that reminds people of a Saigon that is a bit noisy during the day but very quiet at night. Noodle soup is a very popular dish, often sold on roadsides and sidewalks in the afternoon and evening.
A noodle dish usually includes noodles, broth, bean sprouts, chives, meat, beef balls, chili sauce… There are many kinds of noodles such as Nam Vang noodles, knock noodles, My Tho noodles, Chinese, satay noodles, Fideos Sa Dec.
Some suggestions for delicious noodle shops in Saigon:
- Van Loi Noodle Soup: 69 Phan Dang Luu, Phu Nhuan District
- Phung Ky Mi Gia: 224 Huynh Van Banh, Phu Nhuan District
- Nam Loi Quan: 43 ton dam, Nguyen Thai Binh neighborhood, district 1
- My Tho Aunt Noodles 9: 538/51 Doan Van Bo, District 13, District 4
- Suoi Cao 193: 193 Ha Ton Quyen, District 4, District 11
Well blended rice paper is made from fine rice paper that is spray dried to smooth, cut into small strands and then mixed with grated green mango, finely chopped laksa leaves, sprinkled with a little Tay shrimp salt Ninh and squeezed with lemon. juice or kumquat enter.
To increase the flavor, people add some fried onion fat with crushed roasted peanuts, add some roasted shrimp and mix everything together to create an irresistible strong flavor of the famous mixed rice paper. To make it even more attractive, rice paper mixed with boiled quail eggs and dried meat is mixed.
- Uncle Vien’s Rice Paper: 38 Nguyen Thuong Hien, District 5, District 3
- Mixed rice paper at Ms. Nam’s store: 58 Le Thi Hong, District 17, Go Vap
- Cong Quynh Mixed Rice Paper: 153 Cong Quynh, Nguyen Cu Trinh District, District 1
- Nguyen Xuan Khoat Rice Paper Shop: 111 Nguyen Xuan Khoat, Tan Thanh District, Tan Phu
- Onion and Garlic Oiled Rice Paper Sanji Kun: 189 Duong Tu Giang, District 4, District 11
Southern pancakes are flexible and chewy, with crispy edges. The cake is always big and round, the filling is a bit of fatty meat, some silver prawns, green beans, some bean sprouts and onions,…
Banh Xeo is very attractive to diners because of its authentic way of eating, which requires the use of your hands to wrap it. Spread the young leaves or rice paper in your hand, put a sponge cake with filling, roll it up and dip it in lemon sauce, garlic, chili… chew slowly and enjoy the flavor of the orchard fruit.
Places to enjoy pancakes:
- Muoi Xiem Pancakes: 190 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street, Ward 6, Ward 3 and 225 Nguyen Trai Street, Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, Ward 1, HCMC
- Ba Hai Banh Xeo: 4 Nguyen Trong Tuyen Street, Phu Nhuan District
- Ngoc Son’s long-standing banh xeo: 103 Ngo Quyen Street, District 11, District 5
Snails are a popular snack in Saigon. In every street and alley there are snail shops. Delicious snail dishes such as: Fatty salted egg flavored snail, Spicy fried garlic snail with spicy satay, Fried fat snail with sweet and sour tamarind and other types of snails with many ways of preparation always make diners fall in love.
Address of delicious snail restaurants:
- Grape Snail: Le Quoc Hung, District 4
- Hermana Caracol: International Plaza, District 3
- Snail Dao: Nguyen Trai, District 1
- October To: Xom Chieu, District 4